About the Recipe: Aloo gobhi is a vegetarian dish from the Indian subcontinent made with potatoes, cauliflower and few Indian spices; popular in Bangladeshi and Pakistani cuisines. And because of it’s mildly spiced slightly tangy flavor, it is one of my favorite veggie 😉 . It’s truly delicious vegan recipe, so get up and cook it up to please your taste buds :D.
- Cauliflower Florets | 1 kg ( slice large pieces into half )
- Mustard oil/ any cooking oil | 2 tbsps
- Potato | 2 ( cubed medium size )
- Asafoetida | 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds | 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds | 1 tsp
- Onion | 1 ( sliced finely, medium size )
- Garlic cloves | 5-6 ( crushed roughly )
- Green chili | 3-4 ( chopped roughly )
- Ginger | 1 inch piece ( sliced finely )
- Tomato | 1 – 2 ( sliced lengthwise )
- Red chili powder | 1/2 – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder | 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder | 1/2 tsp
- Salt | As per your taste
- Kasuri Methhi/ Dried fenugreek leaves | 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder | 1/2 tsp ( optional )
Garnishing: Use onion greens or fresh coriander for garnishing 😀
Method of cooking:
Step 1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and stir fry cauliflower florets until they get slightly golden coating roughly ( stir fry at medium high flame for 4-5 minutes approx.) and bring out from the wok.
Step 2. Again heat 1 tbsp oil in the same wok and stir fry cubed potatoes until light golden and drain them out.
Step 3. Now, in the same oil in which we fried potatoes add in Asafoetida, Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and stir fry for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes add in sliced onion and again stir fry until corners starts changing their color.
Step 4. Add crushed garlic, green chili and stir cook for 2-3 minutes.
Step 5. Add in the fried veggie and mix well, now add in sliced ginger,tomato, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Again mix well, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
Step 6. Now, open the lid and add kasuri methhi, garam masala powder and mix gently. Again cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Step 7. Uncover, dish out, garnish and serve with chapati or rice :D.
To watch recipe video click the link given here —–> Dry Potato Cauliflower
Happy cooking ❤