When you have little picky eaters who just don’t eat veggies then Mum’s creativity kicks in 😍, today’s lunch was mildly spiced delicious chicken cooked with #yoghurt #dill leaves and #babyspinach to please the tastebuds of whole family and provide the much needed nutrition 😋😋😋😋
Chicken: 1 whole unit ( around 1.5 kg)
Greek yoghurt: 1/2 cup
Baby spinach: 200 gms
Dill leaves: 1/2 bunch
Red chili powder: 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
Oil: for cooking ( quantity as per your preference, I used 5 tbsps)
Onion: Half Large onion ( chopped )
Ginger: 1 inch piece ( chopped )
Garlic: 1 small bulb ( chopped )
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Salt: as per your taste
- Add oil to the work and crackle cumin seeds
- Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent then add chicken pieces and stir fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Now Add chopped ginger and garlic and continue stir frying until raw smell of garlic disappears ( 2-3 min approx)
- Combine salt,red chili powder,coriander powder and turmeric powder with yoghurt and mix well without adding water. Pour this mixture into the chicken and cook on medium flame until oil separates.
- Add finely chopped dill leaves and stir, add 1 glass of water and cook till the chicken is tender.
- At last add baby spinach and garam masala powder and cook for 5 min.
Enjoy this yummy chicken either with steamed rice or Phulka 😋
Notes: don’t overcook the spinach because we don’t want to loose the goodness of spinach by overcooking it 🙃
Happy cooking ❤️